The privacy of Splash Q2C customers and affiliates is important to us. Therefore:
- Splash Q2C does not sell or rent personally identifiable information
- Splash Q2C policies forbid use of our Services for spam
- Public Forums
- Job Seekers
- Business Information Collection and Use By Splash Q2C
- Disclosure of Your Business Information
- How Splash Q2C. Protects Your Privacy Internally
- Your Privacy Choices
- Correcting or Updating Your Business Information and Contacting Splash Q2C.
- Linked Sites
- Consent to Transfer
We will use the personal information you submit in our online job application to fill the specific position you apply for. After this position is filled, we will retain the information submitted for the time required by applicable law or in accordance with our standard practice, whichever is longer.
We will not release information submitted in online job applications to third parties except to appropriate governmental entities and/or our service providers as necessary in connection with recruiting, employment, corporate governance, acquisitions, and legal or regulatory requirements. Splash Q2C requires that its service providers keep your personal information confidential as well. In addition, to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
Business Information Collection and Use By Splash Q2C
Splash Q2C collects the Business Information necessary to enable us to respond to your requests for our products and services and to send you information regarding our products and services from time to time. Since most of the users of our products and Sites are doing so in their capacity as employees or companies, most Business Information we collect will be in that capacity (rather than information about you individually, such as your personal tastes, etc.). For these purposes, we have defined “Business Information” as any information that identifies or may identify a company or an individual contact at a company or that allows others to contact a company or an individual contact at a company. When you visit the Sites, you may be asked to submit information such as email address, company name, address, phone number, your product version, and/or areas of interest. We may also ask you where you heard about our company or products, or for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your requests for information. In addition, we collect credit card and related payment information when you order products, services, or support plans online. Our information collection and use practices are described in more detail below:
- Product Registration. You may be asked, on behalf of your company, to complete registration/activation form(s) on the Sites or from within the products, with contact information for use by Splash Q2C in accordance with this policy. Registration or activation information may include the name of your company, contact information, product information, customer ID, network and operating system, and other relevant information.
- Customer Profile. We also collect Business Information when you create a customer profile, which is required in order to access certain areas of the Sites, purchase support plans and products, to obtain software downloads and certain online support services, and to request information from us about our products and services. This information includes company name and contact information and other information about your company (for example, size, revenue, and number of employees), the products you may have licensed, and other non-Splash Q2C products you may currently use. We use this information in accordance with this policy to identify you, process your requests, and administer your Splash Q2C account(s).
- Support. We offer certain limited online support services at the Sites. If you access online support on any of the Sites, you may be asked for information such as customer ID, product name, product version, and other information to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them. In addition, certain products allow you to submit support-related questions directly from the product. If you access online support services from a product, information about your network, operating system, printer, data and program path, product type, version, customer ID, the product’s technical support information sheet, product serial number, and other similar information will be automatically pre-populated for submission to our customer support representatives to assist them in answering your questions.
- Newsletters. When you subscribe or sign up to receive newsletters published or offered via the Sites, we will ask you for information necessary to enable us to process your request and to send you information regarding our products and services.
Although the majority of the online advertisements on the Sites are displayed by Splash Q2C, we also from time to time allow third-party vendors, such as Google, to display advertisements on the Sites. These third-party vendors may assign a different cookie to you. These cookies may be used to select which ads you see on the Sites and determine the effectiveness of this advertising. You may choose to decline cookies from third-party ad servers, which Splash Q2C does not control. If you would like to opt out from receiving these third-party targeted advertisements, you can read the instructions.
- Product-Related Information Collection. Splash Q2C collects certain additional information in connection with your use of our services or desktop products with online features. For instance:
- Product Updates. Some products provide you with the ability to download and register product and/or tax updates as they become available. During the download and registration process, we collect Business Information, including customer ID number and product version, type, and serial number, in order to authorize your access and provide you with the appropriate update, and to update our records as to the product and products updates you have downloaded or installed.
- Account Set-Up and Access. Upon subscribing to our services, Splash Q2C collects Business Information which may include information such as product serial number, customer ID, and your customer profile information, in order to identify you and authorize your access and use of the services and provide you with your relevant account information. Certain products provide you with the ability to access your account in order to obtain information such as your support plan status, service subscriptions, registrations, and order history.
- Online Product/Account Application. Certain products and services are subject to an application and enrollment process, which may be completed on paper or online. Information requested may include federal ID numbers, bank account, payroll, credit card, and contact information. This information is used to process your enrollment request and, if approved, to set up and administer your account.
- Web-based Services. In connection with certain of our web-based services we collect certain additional information, including IP address, browser, connection speed, domain, referring URL, and other environment-related information to enable us to provide a secure environment for the use of the services, to pre-populate forms, and calculate aggregate statistical information about the customers using these services.
- Splash Q2C Products & Services. In addition to the uses set forth above, Splash Q2C may use your Business Information to: 1) inform you of product upgrades and updates and subscription renewals; 2) inform you of tax, regulatory, and other compliance issues with your software product or service; 3) notify you of products and services that we think may be of interest to you; 4) offer you discounts or other promotions with respect to Splash Q2C products and services that we think may interest you; and 5) contact you for survey purposes to determine how we can better service you or provide better products to meet your needs.
- Third-Party Products. Splash Q2C may also use your Business Information to inform you of special discounts or offers from other companies we have carefully selected and whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Business Information
Splash Q2C may be required to release Business Information: 1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; 2) to enforce or apply the terms of any of our service or license agreements; or 3) in special cases, such as protecting the rights, property, or safety of Splash Q2C, our customers, or others. We may also provide Business Information to government agencies and to our vendors, suppliers, authorized resellers, and other business, development, and industry partners (“Partners”) to enable them to: 1) provide us with products and services to better operate and maintain the Sites; 2) provide you with a product or service requested by you; or 3) enable them to market products or services to you. Splash Q2C also may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified to, or contacted by, (“Aggregate Information”) third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of the Sites and the activities they conduct while on the Sites. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this Aggregate Information. We may also use this Aggregate Information as part of products or services that we provide to third parties and to improve our products, services, and the Sites.
- Partner and Government Services. Splash Q2C may engage Partners to perform functions on our behalf, which may include assisting us in processing your Business Information. Certain Partners and government agencies may collect Business Information (such as business name, address, email address, credit card information, and customer ID) directly from you and use of that information and other information provided by you to third parties is not governed by this policy even though those Partners and government agencies may share such information with Splash Q2C.
- Services and Product Data. Business Information collected by Splash Q2C as set forth above does not include your company’s data entered in the course of operating our products (“Product Data”) or data provided by you while using our services (“Services Data”). Splash Q2C will not access your Product Data or Services Data except in the following limited circumstances: (1) to provide you with technical support, solely at your request and with your permission; (2) on a limited-access basis to install updates, produce regular backups, or restore data from backups at your request; (3) where the inherent purpose of the product or service requires Splash Q2C to provide the Product Data or Services Data to a third party on your behalf (for example where Splash Q2C makes tax filings on your behalf or initiates bank transfers on your behalf) and, (4) unless you opt-out, to utilize Aggregate Information derived from Product Data and Services Data to help us improve our products and services and in developing additional offerings. Splash Q2C will not provide your Product Data or Services Data to any third party or permit any third party to access your Product Data or Services Data, except by your permission or to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order. In addition, if at any time you decide to discontinue your use of the applicable service, your Services Data will be destroyed and removed from all servers according to terms set forth in your Service Agreement.
How Splash Q2C Protects Your Privacy Internally
Splash Q2c wants your Business Information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We combine industry-standard technical safeguards with a code of conduct for those employees who are permitted to access our customers’ Business Information. When you purchase a product or service online, Splash Q2C uses SSL encryption to encrypt your credit card information before it is sent to us in order to ensure the integrity and privacy of the credit card information that you provide to us via the Internet.
Many of our web-based services are hosted on servers that are co-located at a third-party facility with whom we have a contract providing for security measures. For example, hosted Services Data is submitted via SSL encryption and stored on a server equipped with industry standard firewalls.
Despite these security measures, Splash Q2C does not represent or warrant that Business Information will be protected against loss, misuse, attacks, or alteration by third parties. Customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their usernames and passwords.
Your Privacy Choices
Occasionally, a Splash Q2C business unit may send you communications to provide you with information or promotions relating to products and services that may be of interest to you, including notification of important product issues and updates. You may opt out of receiving these communications as indicated below. However, please note that any election not to receive future communications applies only to promotional Splash Q2C of the particular Splash Q2C business unit and you may receive promotional Splash Q2C from other Splash Q2C business units until you make an opt out request with that business unit as indicated below. Additionally, we may still send you relationship or transactional Splash Q2C in order to notify you of important product issues and updates, such as tax and other compliance-related matters, for the renewal of existing subscription services, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, fax, email, or the Web and in response to any activity completed on any of the Sites, including but not limited to, registration, ordering, downloads, and requests for information.
- Splash Q2C Email Promotions. Each promotional email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future promotional emails from the Splash Q2C business unit that sent you the email promotion. If you choose to opt out of receiving promotional email communications from any Splash Q2C business unit, we may still periodically communicate with you via mail and telephone. Please allow 10 business days to be removed from the promotional email list of a Splash Q2C business unit.
Correcting or Updating Your Business Information and Contacting Splash Q2C
You can always update the Business Information that you have provided to us and/or change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts from Splash Q2C by contacting the Splash Q2C business unit to which you provided your preferences. Please note that it may take up to 4 weeks to be removed from the Splash Q2C business unit’s mail lists and 10 days to be removed from email and phone lists.
Consent to Transfer